Adventurous Zoe Sophia, along with her doggie sidekick,
Mickey, embarks on a whirlwind trip to Venice to visit Zoe Sophia's favorite person in the whole world-
her great aunt Dorothy Pomander. Zoe Sophia and Dorothy Pomander are two peas in a pod. They both love
adventure, animals, gingersnap cookies, and most importantly, each other. Through this engaging scrapbook,
readers join the fun as Dorothy introduces Zoe Sophia and Mickey to the enchantment of Venice, with its
gondolas, villas and museums. And when Mickey gets lost among the canals, the excitement really begins.
Themes in this book
- This is primarily a story about friendship.
- Friendship between generations.
- Friendship spanning oceans and continents.
- Friendships between women.
- Friendship with animals.
- It is about the importance and value of loving relationships.
- It is a story about bonds that hold fast above and beyond age or distance.
- It is a story that focuses on the independence of women, young and old.
- It is a story that emphasizes an appreciation for art, music, culture and language.
- It is a story that focuses on a love of travel, adventure and discovery.
- It is a story that introduces the notion that scholarship can be thrilling and exciting
- It is a story that underlines the importance of mentorship for children-
something that is often lacking in our pop culture.